WORKS FOR: 2007 - 2011 CX-7; 2007 - 2011 CX-9; 2004 - 2011 MAZDA3; 2006 - 2010 MAZDA5; 2003 - 2011 MAZDA6; 2006 - 2011 MX-5 MIATA; 2004 - 2011 MAZDA RX8; 2011 MAZDA2
To program new keys by yourself, you must have 2 already programmed, working keys. If you only have 1 working key, programming must be done
at a professional locksmith shop or the dealership!
1. Insert first existing key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the key to ON position (Do NOT start the engine!). Wait until the security light turns off.
3. Turn key back to OFF and remove from ignition. Within five seconds, insert second existing key and
turn it to ON, then back OFF.
4. Insert the new key within 10 seconds. Turn to ON, leave for one second and turn back to OFF position.
5. The security light will light up for three seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed.