WORKS FOR: 2000 - 2008 S TYPE; 2002 - 2007 X TYPE; 2004 - 2009 XJ SERIES
Two working sentry keys are needed for these instructions. If you donít have two working keys, programming will need to be done by an automotive locksmith or dealership with special tools.
1. Insert first working key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition to ON position for 1 second. Turn to OFF and remove key.
3. Insert second working key into the ignition cylinder.
4. Turn the ignition to ON position for 1 second. Turn to OFF and remove key.
5. Within 10 seconds, insert new cut key and turn to ON position for 1 second. Turn to OFF.
6. The security light will light up for 3 seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed. To program additional keys, repeat steps 1 through 5.
These instructions will work for most vehicles; however some vehicles will not accept any on board programming instructions. If you are unsuccessful with the instructions provided, you will need to take the vehicle and key/remote to and automotive locksmith or dealership for programming.